Giving with Impact:
Transcript of the podcast:
Listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcast, Spotify or copy to your RSS reader.
A 2014 report by the Center on Wealth and Philanthropy at Boston College estimated that $59 trillion will be transferred to the next generation from 2007 to 2061, the largest wealth transfer in US history. Lifetime giving to charity in that same period is estimated to be $20.6 trillion. At the same time, there is an increasing desire among families to work together to use their resources to solve social challenges, with longer life spans and greater understanding of the benefits of multigenerational philanthropy having encouraged more multigenerational collaboration. And while a variety of challenges can compromise the work, successful intergenerational giving strategies can foster an ongoing tradition of giving, make an impact on issues the family cares about, and deepen family relationships. What contributes to these successful strategies?
Moderator: Michael Gordon Voss, publisher of Stanford Social Innovation Review
- Suzanne Wheeler, Managing Director, Mariner Wealth Advisors
- Mary Jovanovich, Sr. Manager, Relationship Management, Schwab Charitable
After you listen
- Learn more about creating a charitable legacy.
- Discover how to choose the right charitable vehicle for you family’s giving.
- Hear what donors say about Schwab Charitable™ and how it helps make their charitable giving more efficient and effective.