Giving with Impact:
Transcript of the podcast:
During this period of extreme financial pressures brought about as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, many organizations in the nonprofit sector are feeling particularly squeezed, as they work to continue to provide support and services to what is already an expanding client population. At the same time revenues from services have dried up and donations from their traditional fundraising activities have declined. In this environment, what can individual donors do to maximize their philanthropic impact to help both nonprofits on the front lines of the battle against C-19 and those tangentially affected?
Moderator: Michael Gordon Voss, publisher of Stanford Social Innovation Review
- Dean Amir Pasic, Eugene R. Tempel Dean and Professor of Philanthropic Studies, Lilly Family School of Philanthropy
- Mary Jovanovich, Sr. Manager, Relationship Management, Schwab Charitable
After you listen
- Review this up-to-date list of CDP-recommended charities supporting COVID-19 response, relief, and recovery efforts both domestically and abroad.
Sixty-four percent* of Schwab Charitable™ clients say they've increased their philanthropic giving more than they otherwise would have because they have a donor-advised fund account. Learn how we make it easy for donors to support charities like yours.
* 2020 Schwab Charitable donor survey
The IU Lilly Family School of Philanthropy is globally recognized as the first of its kind. School faculty and staff train and empower students and practitioners to innovate and lead—and to create positive and lasting change in the world. From academic courses, fundraising training and expert lectures to cutting-edge research, the Lilly Family School of Philanthropy is your source for all things philanthropy.
- The coronavirus (COVID-19) has affected many aspects of society so far. How will it affect philanthropy? Lilly School scholars will be providing their expertise on this topic in the weeks to come. Come back often to see the latest updates.
- Browse the latest IU Lilly Family School of Philanthropy events and connect with other donors, nonprofit professionals, and students in the nonprofit sector.
- Learn more about The Fund Raising School.
Subscribe to Giving with Impact for free on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen.
If you enjoy the show, please leave us a rating or review on Apple Podcasts.