Giving with Impact:
Season 2 Episode 6
Transcript of the podcast:
Listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcast, Spotify or copy to your RSS reader.
Over the past decade, the popularity and use of donor-advised funds, or DAFs as they are commonly known, have grown dramatically. According to the National Philanthropic Trust’s 2019 Annual Donor Advised Fund Report, “grantmaking from donor-advised funds to qualified charities has nearly doubled in the past five years,” with philanthropists recommending over $23 billion in grants to charities from their DAFs in 2018. How can nonprofits leverage donor-advised funds to support their operation and maximize their fund-raising results?
Moderator: Michael Gordon Voss, publisher of Stanford Social Innovation Review
- Rick Shadyac, President & Chief Executive Officer, ALSAC, the fundraising and awareness organization for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Fred Kaynor, Vice President, Marketing and Business Development, Schwab Charitable
After you listen
- We make it easy for donors to support charities. Visit our For Charities page.
- Learn more about how donors can support their philanthropy by contributing appreciated non-cash assets to their donor-advised fund account.
- Read about how to land donor-advised fund gifts.