Forms and applications for advisors
Schwab Charitable offers two types of accounts:
- Core accounts: The funds are invested in a selection of prescreened, competitive investment pools. There is no minimum contribution amount required, so it's simple to open an account and experience how easy it is to give through Schwab CharitableTM.
- Professionally managed accounts: For accounts with balances of $250,000 or more, advisors can create a customized investment portfolio and may charge an advisory fee to manage the assets in the account.1
Once your client is ready to open their Schwab Charitable account, you can assist them with the application process.
Managing your client's account
If you are an investment advisor working with Charles Schwab Advisor ServicesTM, a division of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., all Schwab Charitable forms and applications can be found on the Schwab Advisor Center® website (login is required).
Open a Schwab Charitable account online
Access additional Schwab Charitable forms
Manage charitable accounts on Schwab Charitable Center
If you have any questions about the forms or which form you should be using, please contact Schwab Charitable at 800-746-6216.
If you are not currently a registered investment advisor with Charles Schwab Advisor Services, please contact advisorservices.schwab.com or call 877-687-4085 for more information.
- Review the Investment Policy Statement to get the facts about managing assets.
- If you are opening a Professionally Managed Account, you will need to complete the Investment Advisory Agreement. Additionally, if you are intending to be both a Professional Account Manager AND Agent, you will also need to complete the Agency Agreement for Conveying Donors Grant Recommendations.
- Clients can manage their account online by logging into their account via schwabcharitable.org, Schwab.com, or Schwab Alliance, or they can access donor forms here.
- View delivery instructions for sending forms, wire transfers, electronic fund transfers, or other documents to Schwab Charitable.