Private Foundation Conversion
A donor-advised fund account may be an effective complement or alternative to a private foundation. Consider the advantages of a donor-advised fund account to help facilitate your philanthropy. You can:
- Recommend grants with more flexibility while increasing privacy for your foundation
- Lower costs by avoiding startup costs and reducing operating expenses
- Hand off account administration and recordkeeping to Schwab Charitable™ so you can focus on your charitable goals
- Get preferential tax treatment, with a higher cap on deductibility limitations and real-property donations
- Enable giving to organizations or causes that might not fit perfectly within foundation guidelines
Is converting your foundation to a donor-advised fund right for you?
Fill out this information to access our survey and determine if a donor-advised fund account makes sense for you.