Who We Serve
Investment Advisors & Wealth Managers
"We have worked with Schwab Charitable to establish a number of very large donor-advised funds. They have provided expertise and objective advice on the merits of converting from other charitable vehicles and have demonstrated considerable flexibility to meet the needs of our clients."
- Wetherby Asset Management
Schwab Charitable is a pioneer and industry leader in increasing philanthropy by helping investment advisors and wealth managers to facilitate their clients’ charitable giving and, in the process, help to reduce their tax liability. We also reduce the administrative burden associated with philanthropy for clients and their investment advisors by reducing the processing of multiple stock transfers to charity.
We offer donors two options regarding the management of investments in a donor-advised account. With a standard donor-advised account, the donor may recommend investments among twelve investment pools. With a professionally-managed account, donors may recommend an independent advisor to actively manage a portfolio customized to the philanthropic goals for the donor-advised account. Advisors to professionally-managed accounts must be part of the Schwab Advisor Services platform and approved by Schwab Charitable. The roles of advisors for each of these options include:
|Standard Donor-Advised Account||Professionally-Managed Account|
|Interested Party and Nominator
For very large wealth managers or family offices, some of the qualities that make our program1 unique include:
- Expertise on complex gift acceptance, including privately held securities, tangible property, real estate and alternative assets.
- Open architecture for investments, including alternative assets, with professionally-managed accounts. We understand that multi-generational charitable accounts may benefit from exposure to all asset classes, both public and private.
- Complex granting capabilities, including help with multi-year gift agreements, expenditure reporting for large grants or grants with specific goals.
- Personalized service provided by a dedicated individual.
- Focus on privacy, including extraordinary confidentiality controls.
1. Program generally available for accounts with more than $10 MM. Please contact us to discuss.