A Flexible, Tax-Smart Way to Manage Your GivingOpen a donor-advised fund account with Schwab Charitable to help achieve your philanthropic goals and realize these benefits:
- Open an account with as little as $5,000
- Contribute cash or appreciated assets and receive an immediate tax benefit for your contribution
- Invest in open architecture investment pools or choose to have your account managed professionally by an advisor (for accounts of $250,000 or more1). Any growth is tax free.
- Take your time to be more strategic, separating your tax-oriented giving decisions from your granting decisions
- Recommend grants as low as $50
- Give to charity today, and build for a legacy tomorrow
- Simplify your giving by letting us handle the due diligence, grant distribution, and record keeping
1. Professionally-managed accounts are available only through independent investment advisors working with Schwab Advisor Services™, a business segment of The Charles Schwab Corporation serving independent investment advisors and includes the custody, trading and support services of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.. While donors may recommend an advisor, the Fund must approve the recommendation. Advisors must meet certain eligibility requirements and adhere to Fund fee and investment guidelines. You may request a copy of the investment guidelines by calling us at (800) 746-6216.