Investment Pools Performance Report
1st Quarter 2013 Performance Report
For period ending March 31, 2013
Pool performance results are net of all fees, including an assumed 0.60% annualized administrative fee for charitable services, and do not reflect the reduced administrative fee schedule for accounts with balances over $500,000. Benchmarks are not adjusted for fees.*
|Asset Allocation Pools||1st Quarter||Year-to-Date||1 Year||3 Year
Underlying Fund: EXDAX
Underlying Fund: JABAX
|Socially Responsible Balanced Pool (New Schwab Charitable Pool as of August 2012)
Underlying Fund: PAXWX
Underlying Fund: AOGIX (New Underlying Fund as of August 2012)
|Individual Investment Pools|
|Money Market Pool
Underlying Fund: SWUXX
|Short-Term Income Pool (New Schwab Charitable Pool as of September 2012)
Underlying Fund: PSHIX
|Treasury Inflation Protected Securities (TIPS) Pool
Underlying Fund: ACITX
Underlying Fund: PTTDX
|Large Cap Equity Managed Pool
Underlying Fund: PRBLX (New Underlying Fund as of August 2012)
|Total Market Equity Index Pool (Replaced Large Cap Equity Index Pool as of August 2012)
Underlying Fund: SWTSX
|International Equity Managed Pool
Underlying Fund: GIGSX (New Underlying Fund as of August 2012)
|International Equity Index Pool
Underlying Fund: SFNNX
|Small Cap Equity Pool
Underlying Fund: SWSSX
|Benchmarks||1st Quarter||Year-to-Date||1 Year||3 Year
|Fixed Income—Bar Cap US Agg Bond Index1||-0.12%||-0.12%||3.77%||5.52%|
|TIPS—Bar Cap TIPS2||-0.36%||-0.36%||5.68%||8.57%|
|Large Cap—S&P 5003||10.61%||10.61%||13.96%||12.67%|
|Small Cap—Russell 20004||12.39%||12.39%||16.30%||13.45%|
The pool returns are based on the total returns of the underlying mutual funds in each pool, minus operating expenses of the Schwab Charitable Fund. Principal value and investment return will fluctuate with changes in market conditions, and an account in the pool may be worth more or less than the original amount contributed to the account. During the period, the pools’ holdings may have deviated from their target allocations, because of changing market conditions. The portfolio managers rebalance the pools’ holdings as needed to limit significant variances.
1. The Barclays Capital U.S. Aggregate Bond Index represents securities that are SEC registered, taxable, and dollar denominated. The index covers the U.S. investment grade fixed rate bond market, with index components for government and corporate securities, mortgage pass-through securities, and asset-backed securities.
2. The Barclays Capital U.S. TIPS (Treasury Inflation Protected Securities) Index measures the performance of fixed income securities with fixed-rate coupon payments that adjust for inflation, as measured by the Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers.
3. The S&P 500 Index includes the stocks of 500 leading U.S. publicly-traded companies from a broad range of industries.
4. The Russell 2000 Index measures the performance of the 2,000 smallest companies in the Russell 3000® Index.
5. The MSCI EAFE Index (Europe, Australasia, Far East) is a free float-adjusted market capitalization index that is designed to measure the equity market performance of developed markets, excluding the US & Canada.